Monday 31 March 2014

Bloody Hour Change

Ok so I have a major issue with the clocks going forward and it’s not the one you are thinking, yes I do miss that extra hour in bed on Sunday morning, and it does take me forever to get used to the time difference and on Monday I’m still doing that annoying thing of asking what the time is and what the time was, but none of these are the issue. 

My problem is that kids today have it easy, when I was young it was my job to go round the house the night before, just as we were going to bed and reset all the clocks, and heaven forfend I forgot to do one of them, now in the age of smart phones and smart TV most electrical devices do this automatically so we don’t even need to know there is an hour change, there is none of this manual low tech malarkey eating into the already shorter day. 
Also and maybe because of this no one seems to warn us anymore about the hour change, it’s a passing comment on the Saturday rather than a reoccurring conversation the whole of the week before, to be honest though as I’m so tired out by the whole thing, I’m not even sure what my actual point is....

No comments:

Post a Comment